Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rock On, Ecover

The past few years I have become a complete space case. I leave uncapped pens everywhere. I've ruined several sets of expensive sheets (I'm a writer--I work in my PJs in bed all the time), stained my couch, and now I'm starting to stain my clothes. When I was visiting friends in CA last NOV, I left on uncapped pen on my guest bed and left a big black stain on their fancy comforter.

But here's what: I've been going after these stains with Ecover's stain remover. And it's been a huge help. A dry cleaner once told me that you can't remove ink stains with water--they just spread. But I've managed to save several of my fav shirts with Ecover's stain remover. I never read instructions; I just dab it on and throw it in the wash (my tiny, super energy effective front loader). So, I don't know if I'd get better results if I left the remover on the garment for awhile before washing. Long story, short, the stuff has worked for me. I do have to apply and wash about three times -- but it makes a very noticeable difference.

Also, just so you don't think I'm a bad guest, I went out a bought a bottle of Ecover stain remover for my hosts before I left.

The end. : - )

subscribe to our feed
Add to Technorati Favorites


submit to reddit
Add to Mixx!

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Be Fancy. Be Green.