Saturday, March 27, 2010

Favorite Shirts

You know what's fancy green? Buying used clothing! Here are some of my favorite shirts. One I bought retail. The striped one I bought 25 years ago at Tatters in Minneapolis. My friend Rob was working there at the time and sold this shirt to me. Don't wear it very often because it's about one wash away from disintegrating.

The paisley shirt is a Benetton reject I snagged 20+ years ago when I worked near London at a summer ESL program. At the end of the session, our rich pupils simply discarded what didn't fit in their suitcases.

And again, my favorite Liberty of London blouse. I spent the entire summer popping into Liberty whenever I was in the city....but always deciding I just couldn't spend that much money on a shirt. Then, at the end of the summer I found myself at Heathrow Airport with some time on my hands before my departing flight.

Ah, I spotted a mini Liberty store (p.s. - the shopping's awesome at Hthrow)! Could not leave the country without a fancy flowered shirt!!

Aren't they all so lovely? Write us and tell us about your favorite shirts. Also, remember that song, "Favorite Shirts" by Haircut 100 (or, British spelling..."Favourite Shirts")...how cute was Nick Heyward?



subscribe to our feed 
Add to Technorati Favorites

  
submit to reddit   
Add to Mixx!
 
Digg! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Be Fancy. Be Green.