Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Most Organic Meal of the Day

I'm not a cereal person. Never have been, except for a brief addiction to Frosted Flakes when I was a kid. I'm too tired and cranky to eat in the morning (well, morning for me is noon - I sleep late); I'd rather drink my food.

So, my standard liquid breakfast/lunch is a soy + banana + strawberry (or mango) smoothie, with Fatigued to Fantastic vitamin-amino acid powder (including a separate dose of vit B12) and a tablespoon of flax seed oil. Yum. When I get hungry a few hours later, I take a break from writing and have a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Muesli with soy milk (unsweetened, organic, fortified). So much better than cereal because the oats, nuts, and raisins don't get soggy.

When I'm on the run, I have a chocolate Larabar or my favorite meal replacement bar, Superfood Slam by ProBar.

Anyway, this is really not about me, it's about you and what you might like to eat for breakfast. Plenty Magazine, one of my favorite eco mags, assigned a breakfast cereal taste testing team to sample more than 40 brands of organic cereals. Click here to read about their top nine picks.

subscribe to our feed

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Be Fancy. Be Green.