Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Light Rail Rocks

I'm here in Minneapolis for a long vacation, and I've been getting around by light rail (to be honest, I've also been mooching rides off friends -- mostly to the light rail station, except for today when I walked there - 45 minutes, brisk pace). The trains are clean and airy and so fun! Another bonus--in friendly MN, when I talk to strangers on the train -- they talk back. We have conversations. We interact. One cool thing about the train stops are these little boxes that look sort of official. There's a button in the middle that's begging to be pushed. So I read the inscription on one today-- "Thanks a Million. Small kindnesses, weather permitting. #28."  When I pressed the button, the box played a funny little song about MN. I was so excited, and kept trying to flag down strangers to listen with me, but it was rush hour and all the natives were plugged into iPods.


Share on Facebook
subscribe to our feed
Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Be Fancy. Be Green.