Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Planning


I like to keep it simple. And elegant. I'd rather use my fun gadgets for fun, and keep my days planned on paper. There's something about penning in a tea date with friend that's just more intimate than keeping track of my appointments with a little electronic device. I like the option of ticking off each meeting, doctor's appointment, and errand. I like writing down important deadlines with my red pen. I like not wasting resources by using a day planner with refillable pages. I love crossing out events I decided not to attend because I chose to take care of me and spend an evening relaxing. I like that if I drop my Filofax it doesn't break and I'm not out $300.

If you haven't heard of Filofax, it's because you're just not very fancy. That's ok. There's time to learn. Filofax is a British company that makes cool leather day planners of all styles and sizes. I'm a big fan of the classic Slimline collection, having used my first one (black, of course) for nearly 15 years before replacing it (I still use it as a notebook). I also have an orange mini - for travel. Men use them. Women use them. They come in black, red, pink, purple, and even flower print.

You can organize your planner however you choose. I'm a "week to a page" gal; keeps my Filofax slim enough to toss into whatever bag or pack I'm carrying. In the back, I have alphabet divider pages, in between which I keep a short-list address book. One of my favorite Filofax products - the computer printable pages. I don't have to hand write long lists (such as my contact info for the colleagues, friends, doctors, massage therapists, and other important people in my life) just to keep in touch. I can print them out on special Filofax paper that even has the holes punched in it. Makes updating a snap.


Naturally, I also keep a supply of Filofax note paper, which also comes in a variety of colors, for "notes to self," driving directions, and "to do" lists.

So maybe I'm stretching to label Filofax products as eco items, but there are these facts: I don't have to charge my Filofax (energy saving), I can recycle the pages at the end of each year, and I burn a few calories writing by hand.

Be Fancy, Get a Filofax.

subscribe to our feed

Share on Facebook


Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Be Fancy. Be Green.